The history of the faculty
In 1937 there were opened higher educational institutions in the capital of the republic Almaty and some regional centers by the Resolution of the Central Party Committee for the training of specialists in Kazakhstan. In accordance with this Resolution and on the basis of Decree No. 203 of the Council of People's Commissars of the Kazakh SSR dated March 19, 1937, Shymkent Pedagogical University was founded. 120 students were first enrolled in the first course of History-Philology Faculty in the 1937-1938 academic year. Most of them were philologists - specialists of the Kazakh language and Literature, Russian language and Literature. In connection with the Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated July 7, 1954 the former two-year Teacher's University was reorganized into a Pedagogical University.
In accordance with the order of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education No. 881 of July 12, 1965, the Faculty of History and Philology was reorganized into the Faculty of History and Philology. Thus began a new stage in the independent history of the faculty, which is being prepared by a philologist. During the existence of the Faculty of History and Philology R. Barlybaev, Zh. Ospanova, A. Ibraev, K. Montaev worked as deans.
In 1965, Rakhym Barlybayev, an experienced and qualified specialist, was elected the first Dean of the separate Philological Faculty.
From 1972 to 1977, the dean of the faculty was the Candidate of Philological Sciences, associate professor M.S. Bekturov. The material and technical base of the faculty was strengthened.
From 1977 to 1987, the Faculty of Philology was headed by the Candidate of Philological Sciences, Associate Professor A. Musakulov.
In 1987-1990 the dean of the faculty was the Candidate of Philological Sciences, Associate Professor K. Syzdykov.
From 1990 to 1999, the faculty was headed by the Candidate of Philological Sciences, professor O. Zhumashev.
From 1999 to 2002, the dean of the faculty was the Candidate of Philological Sciences, associate professor O. Tanabaev.
From 2002 to 2003, the faculty was headed by the Candidate of Philological Sciences, associate professor S. Bekmurza.
From 2003 to 2005, the faculty was headed by the Candidate of Philological Sciences, associate professor S.U.Taukeyev.
From 2005 to 2012, T. Ainabekova, the Candidate of Philological Sciences, associate professor.
From the 2012 to 2014, the head of the department was the Candidate of Philological Sciences K. Saparbayeva.
Changes in the structure of the University from the 2014-2015 academic year it was renamed into the Philological School of Science in accordance with Order No. 4-91 (dated August 29, 2014) of the modification of the university structure. The director of the Scientific School was performed by the Candidate of Philological Sciences E.B.Orazbayeva.
From May 05, 2015, it was renamed the Faculty of Philology according to changes of University structure, Order No. 4-32 dated May 05, 2015.
Since June 15, 2015, the Dean of the Faculty of Philology was N.Zh. Nurpeisov
In October 2017 a well-known poet, Candidate of Philological Sciences A. A. Zhapparkulova was appointed as the Dean of the faculty.
The faculty trains Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral students in 8 educational programs:
1. 6B01701- Training of teachers of the Kazakh language and literature;
2. 6В01702 - Training of teachers of the Russian language and literature;
3. 6B01703 - Training of teachers of English and German;
4. 6B01704 - Training of teachers of the Kazakh language and literature in schools with a non-Kazakh language of instruction;
5. 6В01705 - Training of teachers of the Russian language and literature in schools with a non-Russian language of instruction;
7. 6В02301 - Translation Studies;
8. 6В01706 - Training of teachers of the Uzbek language and literature
1. Education 7M01701 - Teacher of the Kazakh language and literature
2. 8D011701 - Kazakh language and literature
3. 7M01702 - Russian language and literature
4. 6D011800 -Russian language and literature
5. 7M01703 - Foreign language: two foreign languages at
Faculty of Philology has 3 departments and 1 service department:
1) Department of Kazakh language and literature;
2) Department of Russian language and literature;
3) Department of English language;
4) Department of foreign languages.
Currently, the total number of teachers is 76, including 2 doctors and professors, 3 PhDs, 34 candidates of sciences and associate professors, and 37 senior teachers, Masters and teachers. The scientific and human potential of the faculty is 50.84%
The research work of the teaching staff is carried out in the following areas:
- research on the scientific and methodological support of the educational process (the formation of textbooks, teaching aids and manuals, etc.);
- management of students' scientific work;
- development of scientific contacts of the faculty with the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan, universities of the country, as well as with universities in the near and far abroad.
- scientific and organizational work on conferences in a scientific school and the participation of teachers in conferences outside the university;
The faculty cooperates with universities and research centers of near and far abroad. Universities in Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Turkey, Spain, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Ukraine, Belarus, Linguistic University of the Russian Academy of Sciences, University of Foreign Languages of the Russian University of Peoples' Friendship, Economics at Moscow State University M.V. Lomonosov, South Ural State University and its research centers cooperate with the Faculty in the following areas:
a) advanced training,
b) scientific research;
b) publication of research results;
c) conducting scientific conferences, etc.