February 20-21, 2019, a traditional Olympiad for students of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd courses was held at the Department of Foreign Languages. At the Olympiad, 150 students took part in the presentation of the faculty. The students who were selected in the qualifying round participated. The event was held in the main building, in 306 audiences. The Olympiad consisted of 3 stages.
Stage I: lexical and grammatical text
The lexico-grammatical text consists of 85 questions and 15 texts of questions. The participants correctly answered 50 questions and moved on to the second stage. The first stage is 50 minutes.
Of these, 19 students went to the second stage:
1. Tursunali Diaz - 50 points
2. Kalanbek Symbat - 55 points
Lesbayeva Nazerke - 50 points
4. Semebey Nurilla - 53 points
5. Kulylzhan Akylbek - 54 points
6. Isafova Arafat - 57 points
7. Baisalieva Erkezhan - 58 points
8. Yermakhanbek Zarina - 79 points
9. Alikulov Shakhruz - 56 points
10. Turlybekova Aida - 54 points
11. Nurbekova, Narbekova - 67 points
Leshekova Zhansoy - 66 points
13. Ibadullah Akniet - 51 points
Ahmed Acar - 51 points
Timur Akhmetov - 57 points
16. Madame Adebay - 67 points
17. Talsyn Tastanbekova - 79 points
18. Kalmahanbet A - 50 points
19. Altynai Altyn - 51 points
Day 2 for the second stage
Essay (performed in 30 minutes)
Selected one of 3 topics and written essay:
1. Some people think that you can have only one true friend.
2. Virtual Internet communication results in losing real-life social skills.
3. Exams motivate students to study harder.
Stage III consists of spiking. Talking (reads without prediction, leaders are presented by topic)
After the essay, students will choose one of the following topics to show their conversational skills:
7. What would I do if I were a President of Kazakhstan.
8. Students ’extracurricular time, interests.
9. Youth policy: strategy and challenges
10. South Kazakhstan state pedagogical University history
11. Famous people of Kazakhstan
12. IT technologies in human life:
After two working days, the faculty general decision awarded prizes to the following students:
1st place - Ermakhanbet Zarina
2 place - Talyn Tastanbekova, Maman Binur
Responsible for educational work: А.Khamza
The festival «Family Day» which was devoted to the day of philology faculty was organized on the 17 of October. The guests from the group 13 legion Sanzhar Zhoraev and Zhanibek Kamil were invited to the festival.
The party devoted to 180 anniversary of Mark Twain was conducted on 30 of November. The students were introduced with the life and work of the poet. The students of the group 119-15, 119-25, 119-85 showed staging of Mark Twains’ literary works.
The party «Тіл мәртебесі – ел мәртебесі» was conducted on the 23 of September. The party was conducted in three languages: in Kazakh – Tair M., in Russian – Jorabaeva S., in English – Kulzhabaeva A. The students danced, sing a song in English.