The Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan
The Scientific Council of
South Kazakhstan State Pedagogical Institute
I. General Provisions
1. The South Kazakhstan State Pedagogical Institute Scientific Council (hereinafter referred to as the Scientific Council) is working by the Republic of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Education" to paragraph 9 of Article 44 of the Law, "the university's Model Rules of the Council of Scientific and approval of the procedure of the election "on November 22, 2007, the Minister of education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan shall be guided by the order №574 adopted on July 27, 2007.
2. The Scientific Council is the main advisory body.
3. Tansparency in the activities of the Academic Council on the principle of collective discussion of matters within its competence.
II. Structure of the Scientific Council
1. The Scientific Council is formed by the Institute Rector’s order.
2. The members of the Scientific Council are the Institute rector, vice-rectors, leaders of structural divisions, teachers, staff, leading students and representatives of public organizations of the institute. Other members of the general meeting are elected by secret ballot.
3. The Scientific Council consists of an odd number of members. In case of need some decisions of the Scientific Council are able to be changed.
4. The scientific secretary is appointed by the Chairman of the Scientific Council.
5. If a member of the Scientific Council of the institute retired he/she is immediately removed from the Scientific Council.
6. If a member of Scientific Council is unable to attend the meeting of the Academic Council or is late for a valid reason he/she is to notify the scientific secretary of the Scientific Council of the Institute at the time.
7. Scientific Council has the right to give powers to local units of faculties, departments to solve personal issues.
III. The competence of the Scientific Council of the Institute
- Approves the structure of the institute;
- Makes amendments and supplements;
- Establishes the concept of strategy and development of the Institute;
- Includes suggestions and recommendations on structural divisions of institute (laboratory, department, department, faculty-tet, etc.), reorganization and liquidation of the proposals;
- Institutional education, research, innovation, international, financial, administrative and economic organization makes decisions on all major issues;
- The Scientific Council gets the annual reports of Rector of the institute, Vice-rectors, Deans, Heads of structural divisions on education, scientific research, international news, financial, economic, administrative forms and methods;
- Organizes the financial and economic control over the activities of the Institute;
- The procedure for the use of extra-budgetary funds, as well as determines the directions of paid educational services;
- A multi-level system of higher education for the training of specialists in new directions, defines the terms and forms of learning;
- Approve the curriculum at all levels and forms of education;
- Textbooks, teaching aids and instructional development will consider the issue and offer;
- Paid in the form of an educational grant and external students make decisions about the transfer of knowledge;
- Approved by the President of the Republic takes decisions on awarding grants and scholarships;
- Appointment to the rank of associate professor and professor;
- Discuss the candidates for the government considers the presentation of awards and honorary titles from Institute staff and the creative team;
- Solve the other issues of the Institute requiring a collective decision.
IV. Requirements for the preparation of the meeting of the Academic Council of issues, their implementation and review
1.Perform questions included in the agenda of the meeting by the Secretary of the Academic Council meeting to prepare for 6 days (one week) days prior to the report (paper and electronic) and must be submitted to the draft decision.
The right time to provide the necessary documents or materials did not have this issue of the scientific secretary to the chairman of the Scientific Council of the Institute will be able to make a proposal to remove from the agenda.
The documents to be submitted to the Board of the Institute must meet the following requirements:
- Determining the processes related to the question under consideration, issues raised, open gaps and their consequences, and ways to prevent it must be evaluated by comparing the results and dynamics;
- Conclusions and recommendations aimed at addressing the issue of goals set by the Action Plan of the mechanisms that should be;
Proposed solutions and ways to solve the problem by specifying the individuals responsible for the decisions of the Scientific Council of the Institute, and must indicate the date of execution of the decision, etc.
2.Usınılıp all documents (including the offer or request addressed to the Chairman of the Academic Council, etc.) all of the person responsible for this issue (the department head, dean, the heads of the respective departments, etc.) and must be signed by and must be signed by the Vice Rector in charge.
3.Sala (academic affairs, education, innovation, research) Vice President responsible for the content of the documents submitted for the consideration of the Academic Council of the Institute and is responsible for the authenticity of the person.
4. The Chairman of the Scientific Council of the Academic Council, which is to be considered at the meeting, the agenda of the urgent questions may be additional.
5. coordinator of the meeting of the Board vice-president, the respective heads of departments (deans, research directors, heads of departments, heads of departments, etc.) or to replace staff on their duties is responsible for the questions on the agenda.
If necessary, considering the scientific questions relating to service-defendant parts of the meeting of the Board called by the people who are not part of the scientific advice.
6. Whatever the issue, which will be considered on the agenda “Sundry”, a statement written to the Chairman of the Academic Council, must be submitted to the Secretary scientist to match the office of Chairman of the Scientific Council. Submitted materials must be designed accordingly and agreed with the Vice-Chancellors (if necessary - with the directors of scientific schools).
V. The Secretary of the Academic Council of the Institute
Organizes the work of the Scientific Council of the Institute, monitors the implementation of its decisions, he/she is solely responsible to the Chairman of the Scientific Council of the Institute for maintaining documentation of the Academic Council in accordance with the regulations of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Performs technical work on the preparation and holding of the meeting of the Scientific Council of the Institute and conducts the activities of the Institute Scientific Council process.
Responsibilities of the Secretary of the Scientific Council:
- Making proposals to the work plan of the Scientific Council of the Institute, the organization preparing the work plan of the Scientific Council of the Institute;
- Maintenance work on the preparation of documents and materials for consideration at the meeting of the Scientific Council of the Institute, training control issues to be discussed at the meeting;
- Preparation of the draft agenda of the meeting of the Scientific Council;
- Coordination of work of the commissions of the Scientific Council;
- Participation in the meeting of the Scientific Council of the Institute, as the invited persons;
- Make recommendations to the members of the counting commission during a secret ballot;
- Keeping minutes of the meeting of the Scientific Council of the Institute, preparing copies of decisions of the Scientific Council of the Institute and their reproduction;
- Implementation of the monitoring of the Scientific Council of the Institute;
- Scientific Secretary of the 5 days prior to the meeting of the Scientific Council announces the agenda. Announcement transmitted through special sites, portals, and hung in the main building of the institute. (However, in the main millet inclusion agenda and any additional questions).
- Controlling the design of materials for Assigned academic titles, preparing them for consideration at the meeting of the Scientific Council of the Institute and their submission to the Committee of control in the field of Education and Science of the Ministry of Education and Science.
VI. Voting and decision-making
1. Decisions taken by the Scientific Council of the Institute are both open and secret ballot. Open voting at a meeting of the Scientific Council of the Institute conducts the chairman. Members of the Scientific Council of the Institute are showing their opinion show of hands on one of the following questions in order to vote “yes”, “against”, “abstained”.
Secret ballot is carried out ballots.
If a majority of the members of the Scientific Council of the Institute, present at the meeting voted in favor, and the solution is passed.
2. All solutions that do not require a secret ballot, as the decisions on the meeting of the Scientific Council of the Institute shall be adopted by open vote.
3. Before the open voting chairman announces the number of proposals to be taken by open vote, said the system of their presentation and the wording of the vote, warns, what should be the majority for decision-making (the total number of members of the Scientific Council of the Institute, the number of members of the Scientific Council of the Institute present at meeting and voting).
4. Open voting is to be done by raising hands and their counting. The Voices are counted by the chairman.
5. To conduct a secret ballot to determine its outcome academic council of the Institute an open vote of the members of the Scientific Council of the Institute chooses countable Commission.
The structure of the counting commission does not include the following persons to:
- Whose names are included on the ballot papers intended for a secret ballot;
- Chairman of the Scientific Council of the Institute, Vice Chairman and Scientific Secretary of the Institute;
- Persons who submit the candidates for the ballot.
6. The Audit Commission elects the Chairman of committee.
7. Provision of an appropriate amount of papers intended for a secret ballot, checks Audit Commission. After the end of the secret ballot Audit Commission approves all ballots.
8. In order to vote on each issue the each member of the Scientific Council is issued by a separate newsletter.
9. Bulletins of secret voting candidates of the Scientific Council of the Institute should be omitted in a special box, approved by the counting commission.
10. The Audit Commission protocols the following secret voice, it is signed by all members of the counting commission, and the Chairman reads it to the meeting of the Scientific Council of the Institute of the counting commission.
Minutes of the counting commission of the Scientific Council of the Institute shall be approved or not approved by a majority vote of the members of the Scientific Council of the Institute, attending members at a meeting, on the basis of which the President has announced the decision of the Scientific Council.
11. Results of the voting on all matters shall be made in the minutes of the meeting of the Scientific Council of the Institute.
12. After the counting of votes the chairman announces the acceptance or rejection of solutions.
13. In the absence of a quorum for voting chairman carries the vote at the next meeting of the Scientific Council of the Institute.
14. In case of disagreement with the decision of the rector of the Scientific Council of the institute in question, passed for consideration to the authority of government.
Note. Agenda materials (reports, additional reports, draft decisions) are represented by the Scientific Secretary for 6 days (one week) before the meeting of the Scientific Council of the Institute.
The regulation of the Scientific Council:
- Report is 10-15 minutes;
- Information is 5-7 minutes;
- Debate is 3-5 minutes.
The timing of the Scientific Council: every two months, on Wednesdays of the last week.