CONCEPT OF ACCREDITATION
ACCREDITATION - a process by which an accreditation body evaluates the quality of the university as a whole or of individual educational programs of the university to recognize their compliance with certain standards and criteria.
TYPES OF ACCREDITATION
According to the structure, accreditation is divided into:
institutional, implying accredited institution as a whole (eg, university, academy, institute) and
specialized, designed for the accreditation of individual educational programs (specialty).
Territorially accreditation is divided into national accreditation - accreditation of educational organizations implied or program of accreditation agency within the country and internationally accredited - meaning accreditation of educational organizations or programs to foreign accreditation agency.
FOR WHAT WE NEED ACCREDITATION?
The need for accreditation in Kazakhstan due to the following reasons:
- To implement agreements on EurAsEC and the CIS, according to which the mutual recognition of diplomas of higher and secondary vocational institutions is conducted only for graduates of accredited universities and colleges;
- To protect the right to education abroad, and the international labor market citizens of Kazakhstan - by international standards of higher education institution must be accredited in the country, otherwise its diplomas, even the state of the sample, are not recognized abroad, in this case, graduates of our universities will not be able to continue their studies in other countries;
- To integrate the system of higher and postgraduate education of Kazakhstan in the Bologna process - the procedures for the accreditation of higher education institutions - a prerequisite for joining the Bologna process;
- To cooperate with the international networks for quality education for information exchange and the development of comparable criteria and procedures - the country participates in international networks of quality assurance: the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (International Network for Quality Assurance Agenciesin Higher Education - INQAAHE) in the European Network of Quality Assurance Agencies (European Network for Quality Assurancein Higher Education - ENQA), the network of agencies for quality assurance in higher education in Central and Eastern Europe (The Network of Central and Eastern European Quality Assurance Agenciesin Higher Education - CEE Network) in the Eurasian Quality Assurance Network (ESOC) in order to develop comparable criteria and methodologies;
- To improve the quality of education - in the interest of obtaining satisfaction of educational services of citizens, society, the state and to ensure the international competitiveness of the national education system;
- To encourage the mobility of students and teachers.
Independent Kazakhstan Quality Assurance Agency in Education (IQAA) was established in 2008 as a nonprofit organization in the form of institution.
The Agency is based on the principles of social partnership with the Ministry of Education and Science of Kazakhstan, the Association of higher educational institutions of Kazakhstan, universities and colleges, employers' associations, as well as consumers of educational services.
The Agency's work is aimed at improving the mechanisms of accreditation procedures implemented in Kazakhstan, providing systematic process of obtaining objective data and evaluation of educational activities of universities and colleges.
• Organization of training courses, seminars, workshops in the field of education, management and control of educational institutions;
• Preparation of Kazakh experts and their certification (including abroad with the assistance of foreign experts);
• Participation in international programs and projects with international organizations in the sphere of education and science;
• Provision of services to organizations of education for passing international accreditation (preparation of relevant documentation and complete the necessary procedures to facilitate the university to pass accreditation in authoritative foreign accreditation agencies);
• Analysis and evaluation of the quality of educational services provided by higher education institutions;
• International cooperation in the areas of activity of the agency with international organizations;
• Organization of international, national and regional conferences, symposia, exhibitions.
In providing its services to universities, experts IQAA used:
• Legislative, regulatory and administrative documents of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
• State educational standards of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
• The standards and criteria of institutional and specialized accreditation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
• Standards IQAA;
• Standards and guidelines for quality assurance in the European Region (ENQA);
• Good Practice Guidance INQAAHE;
• Recommendations ENQA, APQN, IREG;
Additional services provided by the Agency
• Promote the university to conduct self-evaluation and self-educational activities in accordance with the standards and criteria of institutional and specialized accreditation;
• Training of internal and external experts;
• promoting the university to optimize the performance of educational activities;
• assist the university in the development of promising directions in the field of new technologies and the organization of educational activities vnutrivuzovskogo quality management;
• Calculation of the stability of the university with the issuance of the relevant recommendations to improve its competitiveness (business valuation);
• making recommendations based on the implementation of innovative projects aimed at improving the reputation of the institution and strengthening its position in the regional market of educational services.
Non-profit organization IQAA (IQAA) is ready to cooperate with all organizations, funds and agencies for quality assurance in education in the various educational institutions. After the foundation of the future of education is to ensure and guarantee the constant quality of education, which affects the competitiveness of the national education system.
IQAA has an associative status in the European Association for Quality Assurance (ENQA).
IQAA is an organization co-founded the International Observatory on Academic Ranking and Excellence (IREG). Including IQAA included in the executive committee of IREG.
IQAA is a full member of the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE).
IQAA is a member of the Asia-Pacific Network for Quality (APQN).
010000, Republic of Kazakhstan, Astana,
st. Dostyk, 20, TC "St. Petersburg", office 801
Tel. / Fax:8 (7172) 48-63-74
The notions of accreditation
Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Education" dated July 27, 2007 N 319-III LRK
Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated November 9, 2004 № 603-II On Technical Regulation
State Program for Development of Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2011 - 2020 years
The procedure and the requirements for maintaining a national registry of accreditation bodies, accredited educational organizations and educational programs
Instruction on organization and conduction of accreditation of educational organizations
Rules of accreditation of educational organizations
Plans for the implementation of the recommendations and address the comments of outside experts on institutional IQAA (specialized) accreditation